TUM INFO V - Fundamental Algorithms
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Fundamental Algorithms - WS 2002/03
Time and Place
- Monday: 10-12, MI 02.07.023
- Tuesday: 12-13, MI 00.06.011
- Midterm: Fri, Dec 13th, 14:00 in room MI 02.07.023
(for CSE students as a test exam!)
- Final:Mon, Feb 10th, 10:30 in room MI 02.07.023
Models of Computation, Complexity Measures
Bubble-Sort, Merge-Sort, Heap-Sort, Quick-Sort, Radix-Sort, Median-Algorithms,
Hashing, Search Tress, String Matching
- Graph Algorithms:
Transitive Closure, Shortest Path Problems, Minimum Spanning Trees
- Artithmetic Problems:
Euclidean Algorithm, Multiplication of Integers, ...
Students in Computational Science and Engineering
are not required to attend a tutorial in "Fundamental Algorithms".
Therefore, an English speaking tutorial for "Fundamental Algorithms" will not be offered.
All students are invited to attend the tutorial in
"Grundlegende Algorithmen", instead
(Tue, 14-16, lecture hall PH HS 1, in German language).
The turorial is compulsory for Bachelor students (Informatik).
Solutions to the exercises are also available (in German language only) on the
website of the German tutorials.
- Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, Stein: Introduction to Algorithms
- Knuth: The Art of Computer Programming (Vol. 1-4, quite extensive)
- Sedgewick: Algorithms
- Shackleford: Computing and Algorithms